Catering Menu Ideas on a Budget
Let’s be honest, when you do an event offsite no one is going hungry! And I know caterers may not agree, but the event is more than just about great food. So, when great food combines with not so great budgets, don’t go for cheap catering or cheap party food and hurt your guests’ experience. Here are a few catering food ideas that can save you some dough while providing a great event.
- Dessert: Many people skip dessert, and it’s a pretty hefty per person fee when brought in. See if there’s a way to create a dessert table that can lessen the price per person.
- Keep it Simple & Manageable: When there is an overabundance of options there is an overabundance of food. If you scale down your menu, you should be able to scale back your food bill.
- Save with Water: Instead of having bottled water offered at your meeting set up, go with pitchers of water. In addition to offering costs savings, it is a move toward less waste from meetings!
- Scale Back on Courses: This may not be as possible for a seated dinner event, but for lunch events or meetings you can opt to offer two courses instead of the traditional three.
- Plated hors d’oeuvres vs. crudité: Crudité usually sits in a corner, almost untouched while wait staff can barely make their way out of the kitchen without guests eyeing up their hors d’oeuvres selection. It’s likely is not that people prefer to be served, rather that the selections are better that are being passed! Break the mold and opt for some warm trays of hors d’oeuvres instead of passing them. And, if you choose the non-seafood variety you’re more likely to save!