Event Trends for 2018
As 2017 comes to a close, we look forward to all of the new and exciting event trends that will emerge in 2018! Below we have outlined a few trends that we believe will start off 2018 in a big way:
- Pantone’s color of the year will make a big presence in event décor and design. Ultra Violet will be popping up everywhere in bold and unique ways. We hope to incorporate Ultra Violet in many of our 2018 programs and events!
- With all of the events in the past year where safety and security were threatened, we will see an increase in event security. There will be a big focus on attendee safety for events of all size, especially citywide events, festivals, and conferences.
- Meetings will no longer have attendees stuck in a hotel for days at a time. More downtime will be incorporated in meetings in 2018, allowing attendees to have more time to decompress and internalize all that they are learning throughout the sessions.
- Seated dinners always bring an element of sophistication to an event, but we are noticing more and more that groups are more interested in casual dinner receptions. From stationary food displays, to casual cocktail seating, groups are enjoying the laid-back nature of non-seated dinner receptions.
- We anticipate that there will be a move from the rustic recycled look to a more modern and metallic look when it comes to event themes and décor.
- Virtual Reality is always emerging in new forms and becoming incorporated in more events and trade shows. We believe that this event trend is so well received because it can bring guests around the world in minutes. From skiing in Aspen to hitting the beach in Thailand, VR can take you anywhere!
- Sustainability at events has become an emerging trend for years now. At recent meetings, we have noticed that paper packets for attendees are no longer! Everything is now digital and uploaded onto apps created specifically for meetings and events.
We are looking forward to seeing all of the above event trends in 2018!